Unorganized, tired of COVID-19, thank you, podcast is out, and one project at a time.
- I was distracted this last week. I didn’t plan my time very well so I’m scrambling to get these musings done. Sorry if they’re a bit sloppy. Sort of been really stressed out with my writing projects recently. The podcast I’m co-writing and producing is sort of vacuuming up my writing time, which is good, I need to focus on that project the most. It is really incredible. You can click here to listen to it.
- Been a little over a month of the COVID-19 pandemic. I’m over it. Wish it wasn’t happening. I know the majority of people feel this way about it. I just want it to be over. My heart goes out to all the people losing their loved ones. It is scary. It is real. The financial aspect of it doesn’t outweigh the cost of human life. Some people are like the economy comes first, but who wants to spend money on anything or go anywhere when it is a risk to your own life? I don’t think people understand that COVID is making us change our habits, and one of them will be how we spend money.
- Thank you to everyone who continues to read my work during this whole thing and support me by buying my books. It means the world to me in all shapes and sizes. I couldn’t do any of it without you. I don’t say it enough, but knowing that my stories reach some of you and you actually take the time to read them is pretty much one of the best things ever. Back at the University of Minnesota when I started to workshop my writing, I remember my first round through that process, and the moment people started reading what I wrote, it gave me a euphoric feeling. I knew this was what I was meant to do.
- Again, my podcast is up and going. Hidden Oaks, which is previewing on Bob’s Short Story Hour is roaring around out there on the internet. You can find the first episode promo thing by clicking here. This is an awesome fiction serial, with a monster, a haunted forest, and a bunch of very human characters dealing with it all. The setting is a neighborhood I grew up in, and it also takes place in the 90’s. More details coming soon.
- So yeah, I’m actually enjoying besides these musings here, working on a just a single project. In the past, I had been trying to collar multiple dragons flying between my creative islands. I think I’ve been watching too much How to Train Your Dragon. Anyways, it has been really helpful for me as a writer to have just this one thing to do. I haven’t had that before. I’ve just been scrambling at success, hoping something we’ll stick to it. Now, I just want to write what I love, which I guess is monsters.
- Final Fantasy VII is amazing. It is simply a gorgeous achievement. A reinvention of a classic story for the next generation.
- Heroes of Might and Magic III is on my computer. Maybe that is why production has dived.
- Every Friday I’ll be giving free books away on the Kindle. I have so many. Better use them.
- Fallout 4 is like practice for me roaming the apocalyptic landscape.
- Whenever the new COVID-19 numbers come out for Minnesota, I sort of just want to scream.
- I only fell asleep once while writing these.
- Please be safe. Please be healthy. Have a good week everyone.