Phantoms versus memory. Musings on my Unnamed. The undeniable passion of storytelling. Negative behavior coming to light. My new Greenland Diaries book.
- This number in my musings is meant for memories, but I don’t really want to dwell on them today. Eventually, the past, nostalgia, and every other shadow lurking in the mists of time can weigh you down. Ghosts, specters, phantoms, they’re all more powerful in memory than they are in the present. Of course, in the future they don’t even exist. That is one of the many qualities of not dwelling on things. So today I decided to give myself a break. Let time be time.
- I guess I’m in a bit of funk writing these musings for this week, so I don’t really have any big comments on popular culture this week. I’ve been focused more on my writing. I have a new Greenland Diaries book coming out soon. It is, well, really good. It is not perfect and neither am I. However, if you’ve read any of the series, well, you’ll love this book. I have honed the Unnamed (the monsters from my story) into a fine-tuned machine. They’re still as enigmatic and terrifying as when they first appeared in my blog seven years ago. They’ve become more complex and versatile, but still mysterious.
- Something you didn’t know about my books is that they are just a sliver of the stories that bang around my head on an hourly basis. I’m constantly full of these ideas. I’m eternally creating plots and settings to be explored. Before, I was worried I was doing this incessantly to avoid personal trauma. Now, I have started to realize that this is just me. It is what I enjoy doing. Of all the many changes that have occurred throughout my life, my love of creating stories has always stuck around. I can’t ignore it.
- This week for my existential crisis, well, as you can tell from the above musings, I’m in a bit of a depressed funk. Some new behaviors just came to light from the people around me, and I’m just trying to cope with the villainy of it all. This isn’t like a new development per-say, but more of an acceptance on my part. It makes me angry more than anything. So much time wasted in my life. So much decay done to my identity. For what? To make other people’s lives easier? To make me more palatable? Sorry to be so all over the place during these musings. Next week I’ll hopefully be venting less.
- Tomorrow, I will be announcing my new Greenland Diaries book, if everything goes according to plan. Preorders will be opening as well. Like I said above, I’m really excited for this book. You can read it even if you don’t know anything about the series. There is enough ambiguity for all readers. You’ll have till Friday to Preorder the book directly from me (and get a free gift). I’ll share more details in the next 24 hours. Thank you everyone for supporting this series. I’m excited for you to read this new book.
- My short story collection I Sing Constellations is free today on the Kindle.
- Been watching The Romanovs on Amazon Prime. It is a really good character driven show. The episodes are long, which make you feel like you’re watching a movie.
- Finally got back into Angela’s Ashes. I had to make it past one horrifying scene that really, really disturbed me. What a book though. It takes you to Limerick so insanely quick. You’re there in just a few sentences.
- When I was at GalaxyCon the most popular cosplay was My Hero Academia; therefore, my wife and I have started watching it. Really good thus far.
- I’ll be starting a new serialized story on here that doesn’t have anything to do with The Greenland Diaries, but I will still be doing flash fiction from that universe as well.
- I’m pretty excited for the new Pokémon game. I need it. My spell check knows how to spell Pokémon. That makes me very happy.
- Thank you everyone for reading. Have a safe and healthy week!