The fan on my laptop stopped working, so everything has been delayed. Couple that with the ventilation system in my house flooding, the twins getting Croup and both going to the emergency room, my ulcer, a mouse, and well, it has been a hard week.
- I’m not sure if you’ve checked-out the newly revised GD 1 – 100, but it is for sale on Kindle, paperback, and from me. Still waiting on the author copies from the publisher. They should be here soon. It was a ton of work, but I’m happy I went back to it. Now I’m in Days 101 – 140, which is cleaner than the first book, but still needs help. Really wish I had saved this story for traditional publication and not self-published it, but I’m not really a patient person. That is a quality I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older.
- Final Fantasy VII is out on Switch now. I did get it. Two years ago when I started writing fulltime as a “gig” I had no money for Christmas Presents, so I sold all my classic video games which included the Playstation version of FF7. I have regretted doing this not because I played it all the time, but because of the memories associated with it. Back in 1997 when it came out, I was in seventh grade at the time, which was horrible. I was bullied constantly. Anyways, I invested in a N64, despite being a diehard Squaresoft fan, so when FF7 came out on Playstation I didn’t have the right system for it. I ended up pooling my Christmas and birthday money, along with selling a few of my N64 games under the table to kids at school (shhh, my parents still don’t know I did that), so I could buy a Playstation and FF7. My grandfather took me to Best Buy the day after Christmas. He then took me to Funcoland (yup, it was still around) to buy it. The game encouraged me to be a storyteller. I don’t know what my narrative voice would be without it. I’m glad they released it on the Switch.
- In the midst of Greenland Diaries: Days 101 – 140. Editing is hard. I have to do it in small amounts or else I get bored and miss stuff. I’m pleased with the suspense I’ve built with the monsters. I just finished the entry where they fight the Red Unnamed on the street. It is a great battle scene. I’m still happy with it seven years after I wrote it. Hard to believe I’ve been writing for that long now. I’ve always been a writer, but I didn’t really classify myself as one, mostly because I had NOTHING published. In 2012 that started to change, along with the rest of my life. For the better thankfully.
- It does not look like the sequel to Beware the Ills will be happening this year, or anytime soon I’m sorry to say. I need time to work on the story, and between edits for the Greenland Diaries series, the film I’m working on, plus the daily complexity of life, well, I just don’t have time. I will be releasing a collection in the fall of all my favorite short stories, plus new tales never shared before. That’ll be coming out in Fall 2019 at Crypticon, Minnesota. I’ve wanted to put all my favorites together for a while now, plus add some new fiction I had squirreled away. I’ve always felt a little guilty about making people purchase so many short story collections. Now you’ll have a complete omnibus of awesomeness.
- I will be doing my first appearance of the spring. In April, I’ll be participating in Books and Beer again, and they’ll be at Sociable Cider Werks. It takes place on April 27th. Click HERE for more information. These are awesome events, mostly because of the delicious alcohol floating around. The people and the books are good too. I’ve been doing these for a few years now on and off. They’re always a good time.
- The forums got the release date on Baki Season Two wrong. I thought you could believe everything you read on the internet? I’m so disappointed.
- The new cover of Greenland Diaries: Days 101 – 140 is going to be great. Can’t wait to reveal it.
- Watched Get Shorty the television series on Netflix. Loved it. Everyone enjoys movies, even organized crime.
- I’ve also started watching The IT Crowd. I’m sort of late to the party, but that is hilarious as well.
- Slowly making my way through Neil Gaiman’s Norse Mythology. I love the book, and his voice, but I’ve read these myths so many times. Fimbul overload.
- The twins are going to be four soon. School in the fall probably. Wow. Where has the time gone?
- One of my stepsons is in a Lego Robotics Club. I’m super excited for his first event.
- Sephiroth is still a great villain.
- One Punch Man season premiere in just a few days.
- Have a great and safe week everyone!