Well, I’m back in some respect. I took a hiatus that I thought was permanent from musings, random updates, and writing on my blog in general, but I undervalued how good it is for me to continue to produce content on here. Not just for the few people who follow me to know how or what I’m doing, but to also practice my voice. I hate being such a flip-floppy person when it comes to the direction of where I’m going with my writing, media, or whatever, but it is what it is. I cannot ignore how useful social media is in terms of marketing, especially for a small fish in a big pond like me. I try to do other platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or whatever. However, nothing feels more comfortable to me then jotting down a few thoughts on this blog, so here I am.
Besides just saying that I’m returning from this vacation I took over the holidays (though I worked a seasonal job at Target, which was limited but brutal) I wanted to mention some of the projects I was working on.
- A handful of short stories for traditional publication. I still want to earn my way with literary magazines and get a manuscript into a publishing house. That is my long-term goal as a writer. I won’t give up on that.
- The sequel to Beware the Ills, my first self-published novel, which is entitled This Living Cage. I will continue to self-publish my Greenland Diaries series and Beware the Ills series myself. Unless lighting strikes and a publisher wants to help me.
- A serialized Greenland Diaries fiction story only available on my blog (for free of course) to keep my fictional voice tuned to this giant universe I’ve started. That’ll be released soon I hope.
- A serialized fiction series on the Kindle about a haunted forest nestled into a Midwestern suburb.
- A full length film for a local production company. There is a monster involved. Of course there is.
- Nonfiction pieces about depression and how I tell stories about monsters to deal with my mental illness.
- A million other projects that bully my thoughts around.
I’m sure for my few readers this is no surprise that I’m crawling back to the helpful routine and instant gratification of my blog. I’m happy to be back. Thank you for sticking with me. Monday Musings will start again next week. Be safe everyone!