It has been a little while since I’ve shared any updates about anything. Here is a little briefing about what I have been doing recently.
- I’m almost done with The Greenland Diaries: Days 201 – 260. I call it GD 4 for short. I’ve been sort of bogged down in it for the last four months, but I should have it done by the end of the week, then comes six weeks of revisions, and off to the publisher. Cover is finished though, which is great since I had to do it myself this time around.
- Going off number one, GD 4 is going to be one of the most intense entries in the Greenland Diaries. It is a ferocious story by nature, but this most recent novel will really push the envelope for the audience. One major development is about the setting that the main character being put in a situation where he has no prior knowledge of his environment. He no longer is hiding in places that were grounded by memory. Every bend in the road is something new.
- I just finished selling books at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. I had a great time. It was just brutally hot, like surface of the sun. Whenever I moved beneath my tent, I would start sweating. Attendance was a bit lower than last year, probably because nobody wanted to be scorched. I still loved it. The atmosphere there is incredible. I’ll be going back next year, just might move it back in the season to avoid the seventh circle of hell.
- Next events I’ll be doing are all over the place. I’ll be doing a brewery event, Fall Con, Valley Con, and Crypticon over the next few months. More details forthcoming, but just keep an eye out for postings here on my blog. It is going to be busy fall for me coming up with GD 4 plus all these cons. After I get done with the cons I’ll hopefully be doing some book signings or whatever. Hard for me to think right now. It’s late and one of my toddlers is banging a stool on the floor.
- I wish I had more to talk about, but the Greenland Diaries have been sucking up my time. Pre-orders will start at the beginning of September. That’ll give you a full four weeks to reserve your paperback ahead of time. I might do a little promotion where if you pre-order the book you’ll get a free poster with it. That’d be nice. I like stuff like that.
- Attack on Titan has a new season on Hulu. Been making my way through the episodes. Still my favorite story right now with monsters in it. The titans are terrifying, and they were based on a real guy. Google it. Google it now.
- Fargo season three was super good, but not better than one or two. What a great story though, and it all ties together. My third favorite show behind Game of Thrones and Better Call Saul. Yeah. My second favorite to my third favorite twice removed.
- Reading Angela’s Ashes right now by Frank McCourt. That book is so freaking depressing, I’ll get done with a passage and just stare absently at the wall. Brutal.
- Got some short stories I’m working on right now for literary magazines or paid markets. They’re a nice reprieve from my giant apocalyptic series of faceless monsters.
- Football season is starting soon. Another one of my vices. Reality tv is another major one. I love me some incoherent drama. Just discovered Bachelor in Paradise I feel like Kurtz from Heart of Darkness: “The horror, the horror.”
- Everyone have a safe week. I’ll try and do this again next week. I’m just so boring, I don’t have a lot to talk about.