It has been a really, really long time since I’ve done an update about my writing projects and other things (it hasn’t been that long, like two months, but that is a small eternity in the vacuous scope of a blog’s space-time).
- I helped write a short film called “The Smell.” It was for the 48 Film Project. It was included in best in show at the festival and won the award for best use of line. Our category was Silent Film, plus we had to include a tie and the line: “I wish I knew.” I’ve talked about it a bunch on here, but if you haven’t watched the film click HERE to check it out. It was an awesome experience. Thank you, Chunky Milk Productions, for letting me be a part of it.
- I’ll be appearing at a few events over the course of July. The first place will be at the Art on the Lawn during Whiz Bang Days at the Robbin Art Gallery. This’ll be on Saturday July 14 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. There will be a food truck, live music, and a whole bunch of awesome vendors. The second place I’ll be appearing at is Chapel Con in Albert Lee Minnesota. This convention runs from July 21st – July 22nd. There will be panels, a ton of awesome guests, and lots of cool stuff to buy. Click HERE to learn more about Chapel Con.
- I’m about halfway through the first draft of the Greenland Diaries: Days 201 – ?. Not sure exactly how many days this book will be in the series yet, I’ll stop when it feels right. I’m hoping to finish it by the end of the month, with revisions starting in August. Pre-orders for the Greenland Diaries Part Four should be open in early September. I’ll of course be posting more about the availability to reserve your copies beforehand. I’m looking forward to hearing what the audience thinks about this one, after all, I’ll be revealing a few things about the story.
- Been writing more short stories for traditional publication. If anyone has any information about paid markets, please let me know. This requires a whole different portion of my brain than self-publishing. You always want your content to be good no matter how you’re delivering it, but when it comes to sending stuff into editor’s, you’re not just catering the narrative to your taste, but to their palette as well. I’ve been working very hard at it, hopefully I net some results in the next year.
- That’s really it for me. I’ve been writing the Greenland Diaries sort of nonstop. It is quite the beast. Sometimes it bullies me around. Other times, it gives me hope that I can work on other projects besides it, then I fail.
- Been binge watching all seasons of Survivor on Hulu. I would like to watch more adult shows, but with two three-year-old’s constantly staggering through the room, you realize you must censor content.
- Finished the Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Amazing book. Excellent storyteller. Really captures the innocence of being a child dealing with a supernatural situation.
- Playing through Donkey Kong Returns on my 3DS. I’m dying an incredible amount. Thankfully, I can buy balloons with gold coins I earn. How did I beat these games when I was kid? Wow. So much death.
- Been having family game nights of Rocket League on the Switch. Super great. Who knew that it would be fun to drive cars and hit soccer balls? Someone just invented that concept. Like how?
- Hit most of the summer movies. Infinity War. Solo. Even Deadpool 2. Infinity War was by far my favorite. That is what a movie should be. It was an experience of film. Solo was not as bad as everyone said. There were a few gimmicky parts I guess, but it is a Star Wars movie. There are laser guns?
- I hope everyone has been well. Please take care.