Happy Monday, if there is such a thing for the majority of the world. I can’t help but think of Garfield when I talk about the start of the week. He doesn’t work. He’s just a cat. Why is he so upset? Speaking of Garfield, check out this creepy animation/game/thing this Lumpytouch person made on YouTube, click here. It’ll freak you out, in a good way.
- Above, I have included some images of cosplay from Spring Con here in the Twin Cities. Prior to this event I’ve been too shy to ask for pictures for my social media account, but this time I just decided to go for it. Enjoy. Yeah, I’m shameless and included my books in it. Except for the Night King, he grabbed someone else’s trinket. I don’t think he heard me right through all the silicon. I appreciate Melisandre drinking coffee.
- I have a free book today on Kindle. The Greenland Diaries: Days 1 – 100 is available at no cost to you. Click here to download it. This is the newly revised and polished version of this book. I’ve been trying to keep it free so people have the opportunity to get interested in my series. The monsters and environment are out of this world. I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out.
- GOT Ended. No spoilers here. I’m in such a happier place than when GOT started. My life is completely different in all the right ways. I for one was happy with the way it ended. The showrunners had the impossible task of trying to make everyone happy, which like I just said is impossible. So what story will replace GOT in the grand narrative environment. My hunch is nothing can. GOT started the golden age of television. How do you replicate it? You don’t.
- Had an amazing time at Dreamhaven Books. Friends, family, and colleagues showed up. Thank you for all the support. I actually found the perfect balance of prep for my reading this time. In the past, I’ve just winged it and seemed really out there with my subject matter. I’ve also over-prepared and sounded like a robot. Having a small outline of where I wanted to go with my stories was perfect.
- Currently exploring the Greenland Diaries turning into an audio book series. A few friends of mine have been doing that recently. There have been some entries of it done on Bob’s Short Story Hour which you can find here, but that’s pretty much it. I do think audio books are a perfect fit for our complicated lifestyles. The technology to listen to them has gotten so much better.
- My dark fantasy serial Chains is back on here. Part one has been released. More will be out this week. I love this story. Nice to go back and do some revisions to it as well. It was needed.
- One Punch Man is the show to watch now that GOT is gone. Every episode has something new and awesome.
- Attack on Titan will also fill that void.
- I have to admit that I’m pretty excited for Super Mario Maker 2 for the Switch. Never played any of them, but the fact that it is has a 3D mode makes me very happy. Mario 64 is still one of my favorites.
- Thank you again for the support everyone. Remember The Greenland Diaries: Days 1 – 100 are free today on Kindle. Click here for this freebie. Have a great and safe week!